Innovative solutions for metallic ribs or fittings introduced in a composite box to optimally deal with thermo-mechanical effects / 2017-06-21
- Creado en Miércoles, 22 Marzo 2017 17:26
The objective of this CfP is to develop a thorough understanding of the thermo-mechanical behaviour of a hybrid box with composite panels but including metallic ribs or fittings. A building-up approach, from different materials CTE characterization up to the validation of a whole box assembly section, is required to develop and validate the capacity to properly modelize the thermo-mechanical effect in hybrid assemblies. Based on this developed methodology, innovative solutions will be studied for the metallic components of a composite wing-box. Please refer to the full and formal topic descriptions published in this call.
Development of innovative and optimized stiffeners run-out for overall panel weight saving of composite wing / 2017-06-21
- Creado en Miércoles, 22 Marzo 2017 17:17
The objective here is to develop the tools and the methodology to optimize the design of a stiffener run-out on a composite stiffened panel (stiffener geometry, thicknesses and lay-ups of different components, shape of the tapering). Based on mechanical test of typical configurations, both simulations and failure criteria will be developed for strength predictions capability. This development shall lead to a simple methodology dedicated to support the design of innovative and improved panel configurations taking into account the plain area as well as the stiffener run-out. The validation of optimised solutions will be supported by mechanical tests. Please refer to the full and formal topic descriptions published in this call.
Prediction of aerodynamic loads at high Reynolds Number / 2017-06-21
- Creado en Miércoles, 22 Marzo 2017 17:15
The aim of this project is the improvement of the loads and efficiency prediction of control surfaces at High Mach and flight Reynolds numbers. The partner will have to design and manufacture model parts to be tested in a wind tunnel in flight conditions (speed and Reynolds number). In particular a new concept of hinge moment balance and modification of an existing model provided by the Topic Manager will be designed and modified regarding the tests requirements. For crosscheck purpose, the partner will have to propose two different measurements techniques for hinge moment. Please refer to the full and formal topic descriptions published in this call.
MIT Media Lab Disobedience Award- Win $250,000 cash prize! / 2017-05-01
- Creado en Miércoles, 22 Marzo 2017 17:13
Applications are now being accepted for the first-ever MIT Media Lab Disobedience Award, which carries a $250,000 cash prize, no strings attached. This award will go to a person or group engaged in what we believe is an extraordinary example of disobedience for the benefit of society. With this award, MIT Media Lab honors work that impacts society in positive ways, and is consistent with a set of key principles. These principles include non-violence, creativity, courage, and taking responsibility for one’s actions. This disobedience is not limited to specific disciplines; examples include scientific research, civil rights, freedom of speech, human rights, and the freedom to innovate.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MIT
USD 250.000 - 250.000
Monash International Merit Scholarship / 2017-05-15
- Creado en Miércoles, 22 Marzo 2017 17:10
31 scholarships are available. Applications from students from all countries are invited and countries with strategic priorities for Monash will be given preference. $10,000 for a full-time study load (48 credit points) paid per year until the minimum number of points for your degree are completed. Commencing undergraduate students will be invited to apply for a place in Monash Minds. Recipients may be asked to participate or be profiled in relevant Monash marketing, recruitment and promotional materials and/or events.
- International Undergraduate Scholarships at University of Manchester in UK / 2017-06-30
- Turkish Government Scholarships 2017 for International Students in Turkey / 2017-03-31
- OFID Annual Scholarship Award 2017 / 2017-05-01
- Government of Flanders Scholarships for International Students for 2017-2018 / 2017-04-30
- Fujian Govt. Scholarship / 2017-05-15
- Convocatoria \"Fox Producciones Originales\" / 2017-05-31
- Convocatoria internacional CAF de evaluaciones de impacto para una mejor gestión / 2017-04-30
- Nikon Small World in Motion Contest / 2017-04-30
- Grant - The Global Fund for Children / 2017-11-16
- David Phillips Fellowships / 2017-05-11
- Howard G. Buffett Fund for Women Journalists Round 1 - January 2017 / 2017-03-07
- Becas para el Curso de Desarrollo de Proyectos Cinematográficos Iberoamericanos / 2017-04-06
- The humanity photo awards 2017 / 2017-04-15